Thomas House History
The Artful Garden Gallery is located in the parlour of Thomas House. In a former lifetime the Thomas property was a flourishing four hundred acre farm located just outside of the Village of Colborne. It was known locally as being famous for its breeding of fine horses. The 1972 Northumberland Historical Atlas lists this property on page 57 and the home is believed to have existed as a farm since 1832. We have lost the horses and cows and gained a small gallery of contemporary art and vintage collectables.
You are invited to visit
Open by Chance or Appointment.
Call ahead [(905) 355-3257],we would be delighted to serve you complimentary tea or coffee inside our screened in Victorian verandah. Remember, there are no strangers, just friends you have not yet met.
Stop by or book your visit today!
The Artful Garden Gallery
We have lost the horses and cows and gained a small gallery of contemporary art. The main focus on the walls of the gallery is the work of watercolour artist Sharon Ramsay Curtis. Sharon also creates a fine selection of porcelain pottery, jewelry, china painted bijoux, and all occasion cards. Recently, Sharon has also ventured in to the world of writing and illustrating. Her first children’s book, Edward Covered, was published in 2016. Gladiola Groundhog Sleeps In will be available December 2018. Updates to follow.
In the Artful Garden:
Paintings, Pottery, & Children’s Books
Artful Garden Greeting Cards
In the Artful Garden:
- Guided or self-guided tours available
- Spend some quite time in one of the many seating areas nested throughout the garden
- Sketch or paint the bountiful blooms throughout the garden
- Take your children on a self-directed scavenger hunt as you discover hidden treasures through out the garden
- Meditate or do yoga or Tai Chi in the Living Lilac Sanctuary
- Host a garden tea party with your friends – just for the fun of it!
Thomas House Collectibles
Thomas House Collectables showcases vintage glass and found treasures. You will find that our gift items are reasonably priced and, should you wish to make a purchase it will be suitably bagged and be-ribboned.
Garden Tea Parties
The Artful Garden Gallery and Thomas House Collectibles would be delighted to host your group and/or friends for an indoor or outdoor Garden Tea Party at Thomas house.
Have Paint and Books – Will Travel
- Have Paint (and Brushes) – will travel to you!
- Author visits to schools and libraries – Coming soon